Receiving your Department Of Transportation (DOT) Medical Examination at Palmetto Physical Medicine is quick and easy.
We respect and value your time. For this reason, we have streamlined the process of getting your exam. Here’s what to expect from our clinicians during your DOT physical exam:
STEP 1: Schedule Your Appointment
Simply contact our office to make an appointment. Our courteous staff will email you the forms you need to complete. A convenient appointment time will be set that accommodates your schedule.
STEP 2: The Medical Examination
This will take on average 45 minutes and will include the following:
- Detailed health history review
- Thorough physical exam
- Urine test
STEP 3: Completing Required Documentation
We’ll complete the Medical Examination Report for the Commercial Driver Fitness Determination form and its supporting documentation, including the DOT physical forms.
NOTE: You must pass all DOT physical requirements in order to be cleared for your CDL medical card.
To provide the highest quality of service, we request you come prepared for your appointment with understanding the following:
- You must fill out your portion of the DOT examination form prior to your visit. All areas in blue and yellow highlighted areas are required to be completed before you arrive.
- We require 2 forms of identification for validation, so please bring with you your drivers license and insurance cards. If you do not have an insurance card the following are also acceptable forms of identification:
- State issued identification card
- Social security card
- Bring in a list of all prescription, OTC medications, and supplements.
- This would include Advil, Benadryl & Tylenol.
- Drink 24 ounces of water before you arrive and come with a full bladder.
- You will be asked to provide a urine sample prior to the physical examination, so please come prepared to provide a full sample.
- Please be on time for your appointment. Running late for the appointment or having incomplete information may cause the appointment to have to be rescheduled.
- Inform the front desk if you are part of group/company that requires you to have this when you arrive. Insurance does not cover the DOT medical examination so please be prepared to pay before receiving the examination.
- You are able to prepay for this to help expedite the time that you are here. Simply inform our staff this when you call to schedule your appointment.